Thursday 5 April 2012

Consider this an introduction...


Well firstly, welcome to my blog and thanks for reading!  Admittedly this first post probably won’t be very exciting as it is just an introduction, but hopefully it won’t put you off reading in the future and might even intrigue you enough to make you actually want to continue reading!.

I’ve called my blog “On My Cloud” for two main reasons:  firstly, it’s the name of a song I really like which is all about forgetting the world and leaving everything behind for a bit; something I think we all feel like doing from time to time.  Secondly, the whole idea of the blog is to give people an insight into my mind, my life and the things I care about, i.e. to get “on my cloud” !  And as I type I’ve just realised how ridiculously self-indulgent and boring that probably sounds; but whilst some posts will be about trivial little observations on life (which I hope will still be interesting to some people on some level!) I also hope to express my views on big societal issues and ways I hope to be involved in changing things for the better.  In a nutshell my biggest interests are mental health and psychological wellbeing - particularly body image and anxiety disorders - more on these in later posts!  As for the small things, I hope for these to be interesting and amusing in a similar way to those observations on life made by Derren Brown in Confessions of a Conjuror, which is an excellent read.  If you haven’t read it, do!


To be honest I have no idea whether anyone at all will be interested in reading my blog and as I type I’m lacking confidence that I’ll get much readership and am concerned that it’ll achieve little more than making people things I’m an idiot for thinking anyone would care what I have to say!  But please do share if you think it’s worthy of being shared.  I’m hoping to create something that’s individual to me but also quite diverse and interesting to a variety of people, so do feel free to suggest topics for me to discuss.  I have strong views on topics ranging from The X Factor to treatments for depression so it’d be interesting to see what people might throw at me! (Not literally please…)

Thanks again for reading and please come back next time… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment