Wednesday 2 July 2014

Alive: Heart-Wrenching and Heart-Warming Songs to help you through a break-up!



Psychology researchers have noted that listening to sad music in times of sadness can help people to process their feelings and have a cathartic effect.  With this in mind, music can be really powerful in helping people through tough times, such as relationship break-ups.  In this part of my musical series, I take readers on a journey from heartbreak to healing to happiness through a series of heart-wrenching and heart-warming music and lyrics!  



Firstly, the perfect song to depict a moment of heartbreak:  A simple and beautiful song called Beat of a Breaking Heart by Matt Cardle






Next, a bunch of songs that I have found to be particularly poignant during times of real pain and anguish:



Alive by Leona Lewis





Exit Wounds by The Script





Cry by Kelly Clarkson



“Is it over yet?  Can I open my eyes?  Is this as hard as it gets?  Is this what it feels like to really cry?





Bullet by Clare Maguire





Breathe by Taylor Swift and Colbie Caillat



“I can’t breathe without you, but I have to”







For times when you’re ready to start moving on but can’t quite make it past the next hurdle:



My Hands by Leona Lewis





Long Gone and Moved on by The Script 







And finally, some real good up-beat ‘getting over it’ songs! :)



Breathe by Ross Copperman



“Anything can happen when you start breathing again” 



Over You by Daughtry






Naïve Orleans by Anberlin

“And I’ve finally found that life goes on without you, and my world still turns when you’re not around”


 I’m OK by Olly Murs




I hope readers can take something from this, whether it be a song that helps you through a bad time or the joy of simply discovering some beautiful music you haven’t heard before.  As always, thanks for reading and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment